CSS background-color example!

-->

Monday

NEXT Final Model Search 2010


Friday night I was lucky enough to be invited down to the NEXT Model Competition final at Billingsgate Market, thanks to the lovely Tom at Spreading Jam. Full of beautiful people (and not to mention sky scraper heels) I was delighted to meet some great blogger, one being Emily who randomly went to my University! Loving small worlds and the canapĂ©’s that were on offer, we sipped champagne from cute little bottles and gorged on miniature sausages and chips (yum!). Sitting second row we had great view of all the 100 models that were campaigning for that amazing contract with NEXT. NEXT's current 'Face', model Emanuel’a (above) was there to assist the judges make their final decision. Duncan James and Donna Air presented the final, with a few celebrities popping their heads around the event.

The after party saw us girls carted away on a coach to a lovely bar in Old Street 2where we met some of the finalists friends and family as well drinking more free cocktails from the bar. The night ended at midnight (unusually early for me!) where me and a few of the bloggers jetted home on the last tube.
I was delighted to be invited and hopefully will get to see some of the girls again soon. Pictures can be found on the lovely Kirsty's blog, but I am sure Shini will upload some pictures soon, as she took some amazing opens on her camera!
I have been a little busy lately, what with covering festivals and work. I am hoping to get a few hours to myself next week when I return from The Big Chill where I can dedicate some time to scouting some trends and buying some garments myself. I am still contributing to Mixmag fashion, but it is proviing hard when I have a broken laptop, camera and the only internet i get is at work! Roll on money please..

3 comments:

kirstyb said...

ha i was safe with the cocktails i think i stopped just in time xxxx

*rachelwears said...

jealous!

Shini said...

Looovely to see you that night, such a pity I couldn't stay for longer :'( Did you have a good time at McQueens later?
Hope to catch you again later somewhere! ;)