CSS background-color example!

-->

Tuesday

Jefferson Hack and ACNE's Jonny Johansson @ Apple Store








Yesterday I got two surprises while working on a horrible Monday morning. Rhiannon from the lovely 9PR emailed me to invite me and guest down to the BarFly in Camden for a gig of her two fantastic acts, Nathaniel Rateliff and Delta Spirit. Rhiannon sent me an album of Nathaniel’s a few months ago but my hectic schedule I was unable to listen and review. The gig last night was the perfect opportunity to see the band at their best and my, they blew me away. I will update with a review before the day is out for you all to read!
Before the Barfly, i attended an intimate talk with Dazed and Confused founder and editor, Jefferson Hack. The may i say, grounded and exceptionally articulate writer and publisher was a delight to watch, as he interviewed ACNE designer, Jonny Johasson. ACNE wowed press on Monday with its LFW Catwalk show at none other than Kensington Palace. With the permission of Lord Snowdon, the ACNE duo invited only 80 guests to preview the SS11 collection. White I was at the talk at the Apple Store in Covent Garden, I managed to grab and I-Pad and tweet away, with Jefferson RT me as he stood in front of me on his Blackberry! The crowd was small with designers from Berlin and Stockholm coming to witness the interview.

Johasson admitted that Stockholm had ‘shit’ style and that Paris and London were his favourites, which is why he opened a store on Dover Street in Mayfair ahead of his LFW debut. He admitted to choosing London as one of the biggest towns in Sweden, his native is ‘Shoreditch’ – to which Hack mentioned that Dover Street is not exactly ‘urban or underground’. Admittedly it isn’t but his store is a beautiful art space dedicated to interior fashion. ACNE worked closely with interior designers to make sure the shop was spacious and light, a great place to try on fashion and open up minds visually. As well as fashion, Liberty’s in Carnaby Street will be exclusively selling ACNE Furniture, another venture from the duo.
The two icons continued to have an informal chat, sat crossed legged on a stage, chatting about ACNE Paper and its contributing editors. Admitting it was one of his favourite reads, Hack also mentioned ‘apart from my own of course’, with a crowd in fits of laughter. Many fashion critics, bloggers and designers attended to support the Swedish export with friends and family too. I actually had a brief chat with one group of ‘friends’ or ‘trendies’ who were in awe of the show. The interview finished with an exclusive showing of the LFW show, with shots from ACNE’s new campaign and preview of the store. A truly magical moment.
I managed to Tweet a few pictures but as it was on a whim i did not take my camera. I am sure however, there will be lots of other pictures surfing around which I will find for you. The quality is not good as I tweeted it and then emailed itto myself – perhaps I should of got the blackberry bold and now curve?
The Apple store is hosting many talks over fashion season with legend Paul Smith on Thursday 23rd September. Get down to avoid disappointment.

No comments: