CSS background-color example!

-->

Tuesday

2020 Vision - Slightly blind.



This weekend was another epic bank holiday full of sun, music and friends. The Saturday started a great weekend off with a trip to Brixton Academy to see Annie Mac presents, which to be honest wasn’t the highlight of the weekend. I love Annie Mac, do not get me wrong. She always manages to get the listeners of Radio one pumped for the weekend, but at Brixton Academy, with the majority of Sarrrf Landaaan's massive out in force, too much Dubstep and Drum and Bass tipped me over the edge. The venue itself, it is not a great place to enjoy good music. I like venues that are intimate, have some places where you can chill and not get threatened by the heaving crowd. Fake Blood didn’t really impress me - despite being the only act I danced solidly too, his performance inside a cube which projected images of blood and splutter, didn’t get the crowd pumped. 'Is he actually here?' every one asked while looking around the room confused about how they paid £20 and cant' even catch a glimpse of him. The crowd was very young - a lot of 18 year olds sniffing poppers on the dance floor and angry meatheads racing through crowds pulling trigger fingers. But 4am - 4 hours after getting in, I left.
10am and I am back in the thick of it. Shoreditch tube station, again transformed into an Ibiza paradise with sun, sunglasses, Techno and some house. The crowd was a lot more friendly with some magician s pulling some pranks on the vulnerable. Cider was flowing and the tunes kept coming with crowds busting through the decking to catch some rays as the sun set over East London. I wish that 2020 Vision kept the event at Shoreditch tube despite being over capacity. The venue, Village Underground never really impresses me when I have gone. It is one massive room with two speakers at the front, which when turned up, still are not loud enough. The open space seems wasted, with one stretch of dancefloor and nothing to relax on - after 12 hours dancing, a few sofas would of been nice. In comparison to Dubfire last month, this was a much better crowd. The people were friendly and the music was of course a little less dark. Maya Jane Coles smashed it, being the only DJ I actually knew. After 6 hours in the venue, I left feeling a little broken after a good 16 hours dancing.One thing about Village Underground, despite it being a massive venue, queuing outside and being toldf it is 1 in and 1 our after paying £25 for entry for both events, the crowds were not happy! The venue needs to sort out that smoking area as well which is smaller than my bathroom.



Next time 2020, I know you want more money for the event but seriously, sack off Village Underground, it's not a great club, not a great sound system and it really isn’t the best venue to showcase good talent. I understand it is an arts venue, which it is amazing for. However I like a good set of stairs, some crevices and some sofas to lie on.

The 17th June is Alex Metric at the Nest, Dalston. This will be a good event as I have seen him there before and I like the small venue. £6 advance - do it!

No comments: