CSS background-color example!

-->

Saturday

I was thinking today while flicking through my Ipod, where the hell did Cajun Dance Party go?...

I was a bit of a geek fan - was it right to love a band that were around 15 years old? Well, whatever, I loved their catchy songs such as 'Amalyse' and 'Colourful Life'. Lyrics such as 'We need a catalyst..' I mean what the hell were they singing about? 'We will swim through the fields of hay'..but i loved them all the same.
Bigged up by other local London bands and up and coming 'indie' revolutions, I was chuffed when I got their album on my cd which I burnt and cruised around Hampshire thinking I was really alternative (i totally wasn't).

They have now dissapeared? Is it because they were disgustingly middle class and perhaps mummy and daddy asked them to 'think about the future' and go to university? Did they have a band tiff?, or did they just decided  enough is enough?

I have been thinking about bands I used to listen to all the time and wil old bands such as Steps, Liberty X to name a few crawling out of the woodwork to cling onto some last minute 15 minutes of fame - I got a bit reminisant and listened to a few albums on my Ipod that I had totally forgot about. Now I dont know about you, but everyone has at least one RNB album which they wouldn't dare admit they smooched too or grinded too at the under 18's disco , or that Eminem album which you know every lyric to? I have found those abums that i absolutely loved and had memories for me.


Aalyiah - More Than A Woman
Probably one of the best albums I ever bought from a female solo artists. I wasn't big on Mariah or Whitney - I loved pretending to be Aalyiah like in Romeo Must Die (cringe)

Destiny's Child - Writings on The Wall
Bills Bills Bills and Say My Name bellowing out from the tape player in GCSE art with the boys moaning that they couldnt put their Slipknot album on. I remember i adopted the croydon face lift while parading around the school playground, Kelly Rowland style.

Justin Timberlake - Justified
Another crooner when you think about it. 'Like I love You' was one of the best party tunes I think us girls played. We loved seeing the boys try and match Trousersnake's bops and oh my god, Pharell Williams? Now that was cool.

Foals - EP
I remember randomly finding out that Foals were behind an advert I had seeb - can't remember the life of me what it was... but anyway, saw them a couple of times in portsmouth and met them. I also stalked the shit out of them and used to message them on Myspace - Yannis replied and when I saw him at a gig we chatted and had a photo. He really is the harriest man I have ever seen. Where the fuck did they go? All these bands jog on overseas but forget about those who loved them when they released their EP. Cassisus is one tune that is epic for 2007- It reminds me of moshing in the Wedgewood Rooms.

Missy Elliot -This Is not  Test
Getting drunk on Lambrini and running riot on the streets of my area with my girl mates bsuting out moves to this tune in the park. Oh god, we were so cool...








No comments: